Thinking about visiting or hosting your wedding weekend in the capital city of the Natural State? Let Bella Baxter help with these TOP 10 THINGS TO DO in our hometown of Little Rock, Arkansas to give everyone something to explore while they are in Le Petite Roche!
For the Nature Seekers:
- PINNACLE MOUNTAIN STATE PARK is a great place to enjoy some fresh air and get in a bit of exercise. Just a short drive to West Little Rock and your guests can enjoy fabulous hiking trails to the top of the mountain, bike trails along the river, and enjoy a picnic in the park.
- TWO RIVERS PARK with several trails your guests can leisurely walk or cycle their way through the 1000 acre park. Horseback riding and even gardening in their Garden Center is optional.
- MOSS MOUNTAIN FARM learn about eco friendly heritage gardening and farming in a beautiful setting curated by PBS Garden Guru P. Allen Smith.
For the History Buffs:
- CLINTON PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY & MUSEUM is a walk through the history of President William Clinton’s life and Presidency along with temporary exhibits that relate to current issues or special interests. Also, during your visit, dine in the local restaurant, 42 bar and table.
- HISTORIC ARKANSAS MUSEUM is a chance to take a step back in time to the days before the Civil War with a journey through the oldest building in Arkansas, an 1850s Farmstead, and with actors to replicate how life was lived during those times. Do not miss the galleries of Arkansas made art and the history of Arkansas.
- OLD STATE HOUSE MUSEUM is a place to discover the secrets of Arkansas’ history in the oldest still-standing state capitol building to the west of the Mississippi River.
For the Foodies & Entertainment:
- RIVERMARKET DISTRICT & PARK is a great place to let loose after a full day of exploring. Enjoy several restaurants and nightlife along this downtown entertainment district. You can walk or hop on a nearby scooter!
- THE ROOT CAFE is a MUST TRY when visiting Little Rock! The Root Cafe is independently owned & offers a variety of house-made items that are only sourced locally from Arkansas. If you plan to go on Saturday or Sunday mornings, plan to get there early. Vegan and Vegetarian options available.
- THE PANTRY is very interesting & one to experience with friends/family! German Style Restaurant but not like any other german style restaurant. Independently owned and operated.
For the Kids:
- MUSEUM OF DISCOVERY is the PREMIER science & technology center! (Not just for kids!) Discover & Explore your inner Scientist!
Bella Baxter Events
Erin Wilson Photography
Christopher Nolan Photography
Maggie Cheatham Photography
Janet Howard Photography
Meredith Benton Photography
The Montoya Collective